Description du Poste
Job Title: Commercial Assistant
Reporting to: General Manager.
Department: Commercial Department
Purpose: To provide general commercial administrative support for the Commercial Department
Commercial Department support
- To understand the background to, the objectives and the detail of the commercial strategy and plan
- To prepare reports, proposals, presentations, letters and other documents, and undertake projects as instructed by the Director.
- To set up, maintain and develop filing systems, databases and processes, action logs (and chase non-compliance where necessary)
- Maintain and update the commercial database., and create reports
- To process invoices etc. and monitor and assist in the divisional budgeting processes.
- Customer interaction/correspondence/enquiries
- Assist in implementing the follow up sales procedure
- To receive and respond to correspondence on behalf of the Commercial Director and distribute as appropriate.
- To answer the department’s telephones when necessary taking messages or responding as appropriate.
- To receive enquires from the wider organisation and external suppliers and channel to appropriate team members and/or respond accordingly on their behalf.
- Monitoring and reporting
- To create, manage, update and report on activity ranging from future events, action logs, sales activity, competitor impact etc.
- Departmental task, project monitoring and reporting
- Undertake desk / market research projects as and when required
- Support for the Head of Business Development
- To provide ad-hoc administrative support
The following attributes are considered essential for the job:
- Business / commercial / sales / marketing experience – Graduates will also be considered
- Able to work on own initiative – A confident ‘self starter’
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with good written and verbal communication skills so as to deal effectively and efficiently, both over the telephone and personally, with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Excellent Team working skills.
- Fully developed IT skills, including a high level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Experience of producing accurate and professional documents, proposals and reports
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality when appropriate.
- Experience of working with customers.
- Interest in supporting the aims of the charity by helping the commercial department facilitate opportunities to increase revenue an margin